LitWrite Bangladesh, a blind peer-reviewed English language online literary journal, prides itself on being a platform for talented and upcoming writers to showcase their work to a global audience. We will only publish original work that has not been published before. However, if your write-up is published by us, you are free to publish it elsewhere with the following declaration: “This was first published in the — issue (month, year. URL…) of LitWrite Bangladesh”.
All submissions will go through a blind peer-review process. Author’s details including name, a 50-word bio, profile photo, designation, affiliation, contact information, e-mail address, and phone number should be provided on a separate page to facilitate blind peer-review. The decision of our reviewers and editorial team is final. Authors will receive feedback from us on their write-ups between 4-6 weeks. They are requested not to submit their works to any other journals/platforms concurrently.
Please note that we do not pay for any of the writeups that is published on our site. Also please note that submissions only in English are accepted.
Please follow the submission guidelines below should you wish to publish your work in LitWrite Bangladesh:
- Title: 14 Points Times New Roman (Bold)
- Body Text: 12 points Times New Roman
- Documents should only be in Word format and saved in compatibility mode. PDF will not be accepted.
- Academic articles require an abstract of 100 words and references. They should be written between 3000 and 4000 words including references. References should follow MLA Handbook 8th Edition
- Think pieces, reviews and short stories should be written between 1500 and 2000 words.
- Micro Stories should not exceed 300 words.
- Submission of poems is limited to 5 per contributor. Poems may not exceed 50 lines.
- Translation has to be accompanied with its original scanned and transformed into a PDF document. Only translations from the original language will be accepted.
- Authors and publishers willing to get their works reviewed in LitWrite Bangladesh should send two hard copies of the book to the Chief Editor at House#08, Road#121, Unit#B1,Gulshan 1, Dhaka 1212. They should also send a PDF document of the work to LitWrite Bangladesh on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- It will be the responsibility of the author to secure permission in case her/his work makes use of any copyrighted material.
- Travelogues, and book, film and theatre reviews must contain images with appropriate captions within the text. Images must be original. Copied or borrowed images will not be published. For other work authors are requested to suggest preferred image(s).
- Image requirements: send either jpeg or jpg image. Images have to be of high resolution.
- When emailing clearly indicate the category of your work with title in the subject line, i.e. Poetry – “Romancing the Moon”
- You can upload your Word documents and images in the links below.
You can also email your work along with images to: